Sunday, May 7, 2017

Uncomfortable Queries

Often times people will ask me questions that I don't want to answer. Sometimes they ask in order to make conversation, sometimes to be polite and try to pretend they are interested in me [sometimes maybe they really are] and sometimes out of curiosity. But they put me in an uncomfortable position when they ask me to reveal information that I am not interested in revealing. I really prefer that 98 percent of my life be nobody's business. The odds of them always asking only about the 2 percent are slim. People don't mean anything bad, but unintentionally it comes out that way. 

So the message is: Before you ask someone a question, try to determine if they would want you to ask. If not, then drop it.