Monday, July 16, 2018

College Ball

I used to love college sports. [I was almost a division one college basketball player but in the end was not for 4 reasons - 1] I REFUSED to play on Shabbos. 2] I insisted upon wearing my tzitzis over my uniform. They didn't allow for that. 3] I never went to college. 4] I wasn't NEARLY good enough. But besides those reasons - I was READY!!] The players were not as good as the pros but there was something else that attracted me - the raw energy and excitement at the games. 80,00 SCREAMING excited fans, most of them ages 18-22 FILLED with youthful energy and vigor. WOOOOWWW!!!! What ELECTRICITY!!!

If we could only take all of that and harness it for love, goodness, generosity and other matters of the spirit and wow!! - Welcome Moshiach.

Let's try to redirect some of our excitement and passion for fleeting matters in the direction of eternal matters.....