Wednesday, March 13, 2019

NOVEL IDEA!!!

I thought that watching movies contaminates the soul. The sex, the foul language, the violence, the false, corrupt values that are conveyed. I NEVER would have thought that in order to grow one should watch movies. To grow, I have always been taught, one should learn Mesillas Yesharim or Shaarei Teshuva and the like. But now I am told that I have been taught wrong!! To grow, one should watch movies! 

Silly me!! 珞

But what are we supposed to do when the very alluring actress takes her clothing off? The lecture I linked doesn't tell us. What are we to do if she doesn't have to take her clothing off because she never got dressed in the first place? And what about when the actor who is paid a lot of money to pretend  that he loves the actress and that there is no camera on them and they get to "know each other" better? I wouldn't want to see that! But the movie will help me grow!! What am I to do?!!:-) And what about all of the foul language? Chazal say that if one HEARS foul language .... I don't want to say. SCARYYYY!! But movies will help me grow. 

I always thought that movies are intended to entertain and not to teach wholesome values. After all, it is a multi-billion dollar business and values don't sell. Sex, violence and perversions of standard behavior do. Most of the people involved in creating these movies are very, very liberal in their outlook [i.e. "enjoy" life and don't let "ancient, out of date religions" repress you] and they themselves don't claim for a second that they intend to convey positive values. But I am told that movies will help me grow. 

Then again - one can also grow being married to a Catholic girl or spending 25 years in a state penitentiary. But I wouldn't do either of those.

WAIT!!! I get it! It is a Purim joke. A rabbi pretends to believe that movies are recommended for a growth oriented ben or bas Torah!!     

A PURIM JOKE!!! 

HE HE HOO HOO HA HA!!!

HODO LASHEM KI TOV KI LI-OLAM CHASDO!!!!