Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Shabbos Of Issurei Torah??

Embarrassing someone in public; lashon hara; onaas dvarim; ruining shalom bayis; dvarim bteilim; leitzanus etc. etc. Sounds bad. When does this happen? At aufruffs.

??????

A beloved friend sent me this shiur and asked me what I think. I think that you should listen... I once posted about this topic here. In my experience, most of what the Rabbi spoke about doesn't happen. But that is only my experience and I have only been to a small number of aufruffs [I don't have too many friends:-)] and if the phenomena described in the shiur exist it is indeed very serious [people not inviting their own parents to their vort? Horrible]. And since he testified that they do and he is more than reliable, people should be very careful.

I'd like to hear from boys what they think. Is it really as bad as described, in your experience?

שמעו ותחי נפשכם