Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Not On The Curriculum

For my birthday my 16 year old daughter wanted to get me a sefer I really wanted. So she went to Manny's and asked the salesman if they carry the sefer Kol Aryeh. This is a complex, exciting sefer of pilpulim on various topics written by a student of the Chasam Sofer who was himself a gadol bi-yisrael. It is not studied in classical yeshivos and very few people have heard of it but it is something special.

The salesman had never heard of the sefer so he went to the computer to check. Happily, they had it!

He went to get the sefer and asked my daughter, dressed in the classic garb of an Israeli Beis Yaakov girl - long sleeved light blue button down shirt, long pleated navy blue skirt, hair in a pony tail, "בסמינר שלך לומדות קול אריה?" - "In your high school you are learning Kol Aryeh?"

If they are not, I really think they are missing out.....:-)