Thursday, December 1, 2016

Am I A Hypocrite?

Why do I write and talk against the Internet if I use it myself??

Am I a hypocrite??

First of all I am glad that I am not a hypocrite because then I would have to take the Hippocratic Oath and I know nothing about medicine!

I use the Internet because that is the only way to spread Torah to thousands. If I find another way, I would be THRILLED to do away with it. [I don't have an iphone or any other such device and don't even know how to use one. I don't even know how to text. If you don't need it - don't use it]. 

But what about all the gedolim who say it is assur?? One famous gadol said that it is יהרג ואל יעבור!! To paraphrase Patrick Henry: "Give me no Internet or give me death"!! Another famous gadol [from the same neighborhood as the first gadol] said that all of the Torah on the Internet is worth nothing because it is coming from a treif kli. No matter how kosher food may be - if it comes from a treif kli, it is treif [not his mashal but same idea].

Here is my answer.....

If my posek were gadol number 1 or gadol number 2 then I would not have it. But I asked another gadol for a psak and he paskened that I should have it. It is impossible to follow EVERY gadol because they often differ and the examples are legion. [I think that this is the first time I ever used the word "legion". I have also never used the word "gjsgbsbbkjbfsdb"]. 

So I will allow myself to expand the Yeshiva!

מציג את לאבא גמור.jpg