Tuesday, December 6, 2016

War On Sadness!!

Today I had a major disappointment Baruch Hashem!! Something that would have tremendously improved my lot didn't work out. Many people in my place would be despondent. I had such a thought as well. But I decided otherwise. 

I fell upon this Torah:  

Sadness is worse than arrogance! Arrogance is abominable - תועבת ה' כל גבה לב - and a battle with the Shechina. An arrogant, haughty person pushes Hashem out of the way. אין אני והוא ויכולין לדור בכפיפה אחת. 

Sadness is a complete absence of the Shechina. Like a person who was blind from birth - perpetual darkness.  

WE must BATTLE againt sadness. It must have no place in our lives. 

The eytza is to immerse oneself in Torah and mitzvos and call out to Hashem with truth and sincerity. קרוב ה' לכל קוראיו לכל אשר יקראוהו באמת - Hashem is close to all those who call out to him with sincerity. To be sincere is to be happy. 

In the words of Rav Charlap on his yahrtzeit: