Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Not Good Chinuch

When I was a young yeshiva boy, there was a teacher in the yeshiva who would buy Israeli secular newspapers. These papers had filthy pictures [not to mention lots of lashon hara as well]. The boys would spend a lot of time in his apartment. One of the boys took it upon himself to cut these pictures out of the paper [with the rabbis consent] so it would be cleaned up. 

I find this very non-educational, to say the least. But he did it....  

He also had a TV. This boy could not cut all the bad stuff out of that.  

If you are going to be a Mechanech - remember that you are strongly impacting the lives of impressionable kids. It is a huuuuuuge responsibility. 

--------

On that note: Someone was telling me about a yeshiva designed to bring OTD kids back. They want to make the place as inviting as possible so [hold on tight] there are no rules. Everything goes ["everything" includes a lot]. I don't know if this is true but this is what one of the Rabbeim told me. 

I wonder if that is the right way to bring kids back. Loose rules - yes. But NO rules??

צ"ע.