Sunday, April 9, 2017

Retraction

The gemara says that Hashem's seal is truth. As much as we try to educate and inspire - it must be predicated upon truth.

I recently posted a story about how R' Shlomo Carlebach did teshuva right before he died in a New York restaurant. It was a very moving story. He mamesh turned the eatery into a shul that was saying Neilah on Yom Kippur. 

I received an email from a Rabbi in California who implored me to take down the name of the person who was the source for the story as he never said it because it never happened. So I deleted the whole post. [I tried to obtain the email of the person in order to verify the veracity of the story but was unable. But since it sounded legit - I posted it].

My apologies. 

I am sure that R' Shlomo already received a kappara for whatever he did that he should not have done and his neshama is now basking in the light of Hashem's presence in the zchus of all the good he did. I am not here to judge - I will leave that up to Hashem. [The Sfas Emes in Avos says that the way we judge people down here influences the heavenly judgement!!]. 

May we all be zoche to do teshuva shleima - not only the day before we die but ALSO every day!!!

Bi-ahava rabba:-).