Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Things We Don't Have

One thinks:

I don't have enough money.

I don't have a spouse.

I don't have a good marriage.

I don't have a job I like [or a job at all].

I don't have ownership over my home.

I don't have nachas from my children. 

I don't have grandparents [or parents].  

The list goes on....

SO MUCH WE DON'T HAVE - RIGHT??

Then think about other things you lack:

I don't have cancer.

I don't have hepatitis.

I don't have kidney failure.

I don't have Nazis searching for me in order to send me to the gas chambers.

I don't have alcoholism or drug addiction. 

I don't have a wheelchair to take me around.

I don't have prosthetic limbs.

I don't have any Braille books.

I don't have severe gum disease.

I don't have three appointments a week with a psychiatrist in order to regulate the seven different medications that I don't take. 

I don't have a serious stutter.

I don't have melanoma [doesn't the President have something like that??].

I don't have a jail cell to call home. 

I don't have an outhouse for every time I need to relieve myself.

I don't have a hearing aid.

I don't have arthritis. 

I don't have food stamps.

I don't have only one week to live.

There are MIIIIILLLLLIONS of things that we don't have that if we would have just ONE OF THEM - our lives would be turned upside down in a moment. 

הודו לה' כי טוב כי לעולם חסדו!!!!!