Sunday, November 3, 2019

TAKE IT IN!



Pat Fitzgerald, football coach at Northwestern: 

“These things (holds up phone). … Watching young people today live like this (looks down) instead of like that (looks up). Stacey and I were out on a date and there were two groups of couples sitting next to us and I’m like, ‘Oh, my gosh, I’m old.’ … They were all on their phones and it drove me up the wall. I literally wanted to be like a dad and go, ‘Give me your phone, talk to each other.’ This is pathetic. The way a lot of younger people and fans intake is all through technology. You watch a concert and everybody is holding their phone up. LISTEN. WATCH. TAKE IT IN. Create a memory. They don’t go back and watch the videos. They just want to post it on their social media, which is pathetic because it creates a society of ‘Look at me! Isn’t my life great?’ Even though when they go home, they’re like, ‘I hate myself, I hate my life. Everything’s wrong.’