Monday, November 4, 2019

Trying To Have Fun With Security

El Al security: “Did anyone give you anything to take with you to Israel?” 

Me: "Like, everybody".😏

Security: "You know why I am asking you these questions?"

Me: "Yeah - because you are BORED out of your mind". 

Security: "Do you speak Hebrew?"

Me: "Only when I forget my Latin". 

Security: "Are you carrying anything sharp?"

Me: "Heck yeah - my tongue can be quite sharp at times. You know Tanach at all? 

חֵץ [שָׁחוּט] לְשׁוֹנָם מִרְמָה דִבֵּר בְּפִיו שָׁלוֹם אֶת רֵעֵהוּ יְדַבֵּר וּבְקִרְבּוֹ יָשִׂים אָרְבּוֹ.

יֵשׁ בּוֹטֶה כְּמַדְקְרוֹת חָרֶב. 

Plus I have a copy of Rebbe Aba Berman's שיעורי עיון התלמוד. He was VERY sharp. RAZOR sharp. No relation to the former baseball player Razor Shines."

Security: "I am sorry sir. You are going to have to come with me...." 😓 

Missed my flight. Didn't enjoy the police interrogation. 

Lesson: Don't be a wise guy....