Sunday, January 1, 2017

For The Record - Mars Bars And The Goal Of The Blog

Re: The last posts.

I know that a lot of people read my parsha email. I also know that a lot of people read this blog. I find that remarkable because I am not very smart or gifted. English is my second language [baby talk was my first] and I don't even speak or write it so well. I am not a particulary big or even small talmid chochom. I am just a regular guy. Yet, loads of people come and visit and allow me to share the little wisdom I have accumulated. Baruch Hashem. 

But frankly - it doesn't matter... I don't get paid per view because if I did I would be making a lot of money. Then I would open a kollel, sit and learn, help others learn and enjoy a micro-moshiach lifestyle. So, it isn't the money [FINALLY, something in this world that is not about money...:-)]. The blog features a request to donate to the cause but it is just about 100 percent ignored - which is fine. Hashem has His agents for whatever He sees fit to do. If someone doesn't want the zchus - that's not my problem. So what matters? What REALLY matters is not if people are READING but if people are THINKING and CHANGING. 

[Reminds me of a joke: The army commander told his unit that he has good news and bad news. The good news is that they are finally going to be able to change their socks after 3 weeks of not doing so. The bad news is that they are going to be changing with EACH OTHER.]

If I post a good kashya - I hope that people are trying to think of an answer. I hope people grow in their ahavas Torah. More importantly, I hope that people are moved to improve their middos and avodas Hashem. That is why we are on this earth. Hashem could just as easily have not created us at all or created us and placed us alone on Mars with nothing Mars bars, a microwave oven and TV dinners. But then we wouldn't have a TV and we would have a shyla if the TV is only a din lichatchila or is even me'akev bi-dieved. ויש לעיין בזה. 

The vast majority of my readers prefer to remain anonymous and that is fine [even though I do enjoy meeting people through the blog and have made quite a few friends over the years through this medium]. My goal is not to receive glory or honor but to to try to be people's partners in making the world a better place and making us better people.  

If I accomplish that even in a small way that will be my reward. 

Bi-ahava rabba,
Me:-)