Thursday, February 16, 2012

34th Street Is On Fire

One of my informants tells me that EVERYBODY is talking about the latest phenom of the Knicks. He wasn't offered a college scholarship, worked hard and was accepted to Harvard where he played for the team without a scholarship and got good grades. Then he wasn't drafted into the NBA and while playing in a d-league the Knicks were in need of a player and they picked him up whereupon he LIT UP the league. His name is Jeremy.

You probably knew all that but I am going to add one thought. How is it SHAYICH that a person with such a story and such a name is not Jewish. It's almost a chillul Hashem that he's not one of us.

I would love to see him play but I fear that if I go to NBA.COM to watch some highlights there are going to be some "Rebbetzins" courtside whom I am trying to avoid seeing during this period of Shovevim. Well - I guess Shovevim ends this Shabbos so I can watch then?

Nooooooooot......