Thursday, February 16, 2012

Who Has No Emotional Problems?

A shadchanis recently spoke to me about someone and added that I should send her singles "unless they have emotional problems". If she would read the blog she would know that this would SERIOUSLY limit her pool to a total of zero prospects [except for dead or heavily sedated singles].

But I know what she MEANT.

I asked her what her fee is. She didn't answer but I understood - A LOT! Sweet friends - I have no problem with people taking money to make a shidduch. But I will tell you what I believe to be the greatest simcha in this world: To bring to people together just because it's Hashem's work. [The medrash says He spends His time bringing people together.] To bring people together just because about the highest level of pleasure in this world is to love a spouse and children. If one facilitates that it is just euphoric.

When someone charges money, the money is not tainted [it is kosher money according to halacha] - but the experience is.