Thursday, March 29, 2012

Not Feeling Well

Sweet friends, I am nauseous [pronounced "nawshes" and for the life of me I don't know who decided on that spelling]. An article in The Jewish Press suggesting that girls undergo plastic surgery for shidduchim. Are men that superficial? Some are. There is a serious problem in our educational system when some [not all, chas vishalom] yeshiva bochrim are so fixated on a girl's looks. That is the exact opposite of what the Torah teaches. שקר החן והבל היופי! Everybody knows the pasuk but some boys go for the שקר and הבל. Please chevre - let's look for what really counts in a girl. נשמה! Leave the Hollywood shmutz for Hollywood.

Plus I had a really rough week baruch Hashem [besides the bar mitzvah] and that just sours my mood more. So as I write I decide to be bi-simcha and so I become. It helps to hum a nigun. It also helps to count your blessings. Like the ten fingers with which I type. Two kidneys. A pancreas. Two good working eyes and a pair of glasses to help them along. A cardiovascular system. Lungs. A stomach. Oxygen. A heart.

A lot of heart.

Baruch Hashem:-).

A zise shabbos tyere yidden and don't forget to daven for Yosef Chaim Yisaschar ben Chaya Mushkit.