Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Greatest Gift Of All

Well the bar mitzvah is over and Baruch Hashem it was beautiful. The simcha and ruach were incredibly elevating and inspiring.

Something that I thought a lot about. Almost everybody brought presents. That is really kind. Presents cost money and people work hard for their money. But I don't care much for presents [I'm not sure my son feels the same way...]. I am looking for heart [see name of blog]. Or at least a present that comes from the heart. I am by nature a seeker of heart. I was very conscious of who came with heart and who didn't. It was amazing how many people could only stay for a minute because they "had to run". Being in a rush is usually a function of what is important to a person. Nobody is ever in such a rush that he goes home halfway through his own wedding. "I have to run" means to me "My heart is really not into this simcha".

Sweet beloved friends - I am not going to change the world. All I can do is redouble my efforts to give other people MY heart.

That brings me to another point that my life experience has taught me. Sometimes you want to give someone your heart but in order to receive a heart you have to open your own. Some people are not capable or willing to do that.

I have only one word to describe this phenomenon.

Sad.