Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Here Again - Like My Family - Luck - Shmutz

Well, I am back in N.Y. I have been here more this year than any year since I was fifteen years old. To give you an idea how long ago that was, when I was 15 there were no fax machines, no cellphones, no internet and in all likelihood - no you.

So why have I been here so much? I can give numerous answers but I will share with you what I believe is the best one.

That it is the will of Hashem. Period. [I wrote a period after the word "Hashem" so writing "period" is redundant - no? But I am SOOOOO tired now I can write anything.... slkjng sldfbh alifrai ldiuhg.]

If I didn't like my wife, if I didn't like my children, if I didn't like learning, then these trips would be GREAT. No family and lots of bitul Torah. Problem is, I quite like my wife, children and learning. But I am here for a reason. So now I am publicly going to rip into myself with a little mussar: ACCEPT THAT WHATEVER SITUATION YOU ARE IN IS THE IDEAL WAY TO CONNECT TO G-D AT THAT SECOND AND STOP THINKING THAT YOU'D BE A BETTER JEW ELSEWHERE. AND THANK HASHEM YOU ALWAYS COME FOR GOOD THINGS AND NOT CHAS VICHALILA TO SAMPLE VARIOUS HOSPITALS לא עלינו. AND LOOK AT THE PAVEMENT WHEN YOU WALK DOWN THE STREET SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO SEE ALL OF THE SHMUTZY SHMUTZ YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN TODAY - JUST TRYING TO HAIL A CAB. [I would tell you what I saw but this blog is a virtual beis medrash...]

And a RIDICULOUSLY HUGELY MAJOR MAZAL TOV TO MOSHE GAVRIEL BERNSTEIN AND RACHELIT MITNICK WHOM I HAVE STUBBORNLY BEEN CALLING "ROCHEL LEAH" SINCE HER MIDRESHET DAYS ON THEIR UPCOMING WEDDING. THEY WILL BE TOGETHER FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY. ALL FOR THE PRICE OF A SIMPLE GOLD RING. MOSHE GAVRIEL! SINCE THE INDIANS SOLD MANHATTAN FOR 24 DOLLARS THERE HAS NOT BEEN SUCH A METZIA.

LUCKY YOU.

AND LUCKY HER.