Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Why The New Email - How A Town In Lithuania Moved - Elllluulll - Fish - No More Storage - What We Would Do If We Were Rich Men

People are wondering why I changed my email address.

Don't people learn Rambam?? It's an open Rambam ["offe-neh Rambam" they say in Brisk, a small village of Torah excellence which used to be in Lithuania and then moved to Yerushalayim] in Hilchos Teshuva!!!!

One of the paths to Teshuva is a NAME CHANGE, as if to say "I am no longer the same person who sinned". [It is also used by criminals to escape law enforcement...:-)] No longer Ally.Ehrman@gmail.com. Enough with goyishe names for me! Frankly, I have met far more girls than boys who have my name. [I was once teaching in a seminary and there were three "allys" in the classroom and the majority were girls....] I am now "Elchononehrman@gmail.com just like the Gaon and Tzadik Rav Elchonon Wasserman ztz"l who didn't have gmail [even though I was named not after him but after both of my grandmothers whose names were Chana. Thanks mom and dad for not calling me Chana! I actually have a daughter named Chana whom I named after myself:-)].

I am a changed man!! It is Ellluullllllll!! Even the fish in the sea SHAKE when they hear the chazan say "Rosh Choidesh Elul, yihiyeh bi-yom ....."

Also, I ran out of storage space and gmail told me that I won't be able to receive or send any more emails....

I wish the bank would run out of storage because of all of my - and your - money....:-)

צדקה תציל ממות!!!!