Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Kosher But Treif

One of the most popular "kiruv" websites recently featured an article on a Jewish performer who died. This Jew was completely non-obsevant. He ate treif countless times, was mechalel shabbos hundreds of thousands of times, kept nothing-nothing. But he was Jewish. And, according to the article, he "felt very Jewish". And some goyishe actor "paskened" on twitter that if there is a heaven [עפ"ל] then he is going there. I am not convinced.... 

I really believe that it is a Chilul Hashem to write positive pieces on people who are EVERYTHING we don't want to be and don't want our kids to be.

I am not judging him. I will let Hashem decide what his judgment will be in Shomayim. But I think it is important for people to realize that there is non-Torah and anti-Torah content on many sites that are supposed to be Torah sites. That is the most pernicious - to represent oneself as Torah true and then to present the opposite. There are also good articles on the site. But kosher food in a treif pot is not kosher. [Of course some say the same thing about posting Torah on the Internet and I definitely hear it]. A few months ago they had a praiseworthy article about an entertainer who was a born Jew but practicing Buddhist רח"ל. But hey - he was funny and famous, so why not....  

Sweet friends!!! It is troublesome when people water down and misrepresent what Torah is.  So I register my protest. My major protest is by trying to spread Torah as it is. May Hashem help me. Thanks for being my partner.