Tuesday, October 18, 2022

No Hakafa This Year

There is a man in my neighborhood who doesn't like me one bit. He is also one of the people in charge of the shul where I davened on Simchas Torah. During Hakafos, one of the people who davened there asked me if I had received a Sefer Torah. I told him that I had not but it is OK. He went up to this man and told him that I had not received a Sefer Torah yet and that he should make sure I get one. The man answered that in fact I already had a Hakafa with a Sefer Torah. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!馃槻馃槻

The reality is that until that point not only hadn't I gotten the Torah yet but I wasn't even in the main shul. I was in a back room. So it is hard to believe that he really thought that I had gotten the Hakafa.

So my friend came back to me allllll confused stating that so and so said that you already got a Hakafa..... And that was that.

I can't say that it doesn't hurt at all [I enjoy being liked and am naturally very extremely sensitive, for better and for worse....] but not too much B"H. Rabbi Aharon Bina likes to say that he doesn't care if people like him or not as long as Malke [his wife] likes him. So I often tell my wife that I feel the same way. I don't care if people like me as long as Malke Bina likes me. 馃槉馃槉

My sense is that she doesn't particularly like or dislike me but rather has much going on in her life so she doesn't think about me much. But at least I don't have to worry about anyone else liking me. 

Another thought I had was that I am so filled with sin 讘诪讞砖讘讛 讚讬讘讜专 讜诪注砖讛 that I am not worthy of holding the Holy Sefer Torah. So maybe definitely my nemesis is on to something. 

The takeaway lesson for me is to NOT give his name if I ever need a reference for anything.... 馃槀馃槀.

May Hashem bless him AND the Jews he hates with ONLY good all the days of their lives 馃榾馃憤.