Thursday, January 19, 2012

Love And Kisses

I will engage in an wanton act of self plagarism and copy from the alleywaystotorah blog of blessed memory. I will then sue myself for ten million dollars and hopefully will win. Part of me will then have ten million dollars. The part that lost will file for bankruptcy and manage. I know loads of people without money but only rich people file for bankruptcy. How odd...

Love And Kisses

"Yishakeini minishikos pihu" - Kiss me with the kisses of your mouth - Shir Hashirim.

We want Hashem to kiss us. Beautiful! But why kissES - plural. Why isn't one enough?

There are two aspects of the relationship between husband and wife. 1] She is connected to him. 2] She is separated from any other man.

Imagine the scene: Chosson and Kallah in the yichud room. A man walks in and says, "Don't mind me. I will just sit here in the corner and read my newspaper." He sits down and begins humming to himself while reading about the latest "important" sports news. Sorry Charlie, that is not appropriate!

We are married to Hashem. It is inappropriate that anybody else should encroach on the relationship. If there is anything that comes between us, then the relationship is destined to fail...

There are two commandments: 1] I am Hashem, 2] Don't have other gods. Two aspects of the relationship.

Two kisses.

I hope we all remain faithful.

[Based on R' Pinkus' sefer on Chinuch]