Friday, January 20, 2012

The Secret

Sweet friends - what's the secret?

What's the secret of being ..... HOLY?

What's the secret of being happy?

What's the secret of dealing with all the trials and tribulations of life?

Well - if I tell you then it won't be a secret anymore.

But you know what - it will STILL be a secret because most people aren't willing to do it and therefore they won't "chap" [hard "ch" as in chanuka] it. Because to understand is to be.

Here it goes.

Drumroll......................................... [I took about two years of drum lessons until Hashem sent me a sign from above that I should stop. The "sign" was that I had absolutely ZERO talent. "Keep your day job" as the old line goes.]

A GOOD EYE!!!!

WHAAAT?????????? Eyesight???

Let me explain. There is something called a good heart. A person with a good heart wants other people to have good things in life. I have met many people with good hearts.

A good eye means that he wants EVERY person to have COMPLETE good in life. Not only that, he is willing to dedicate EVERY waking second of his life to this end. If he hears somebody has a problem he goes to them to see what he can do. All of his money is set aside for giving. He gives even when people don't ask. He smiles at everyone. He has a kind word for every person he meets. If he has to criticize he does it in such a way to make the person feel great. He is a person who accepts that others are different without forfeiting his moral compass of right and wrong. A person with an e.q. [emotional intelligence quotient] that breaks the barometer.

Such a person is filled with goodness, with light, with joy, with LOVE for the whole world.

[PS - Everything I just wrote is written in the second chapter of pirkei avos with the Maharal.]

Beloved friends - 40 years I search for such a person. Does he exist? Like I said, I have met many people with good hearts who do a lot of good. Really, yidden are great. But the type of person I described. Is he in this world now? Now mind you I have a critical eye and in a matter of minutes I can already see that "Nice guy - but not the ayin tova". I am talking about somebody who passes the "Ally Ehrman Rosh Kollel Iyun HaNefesh Ayin Tovah Litmus Test".

Well, I've met ONE!!

THANK G-D FOR THAT!

I am writing this post so that you will consider being the second.....

[PS-I have LOADS more to say on this topic so if you want to understand more of what I mean you may email with specific questions or call me to ask and I hope to reply bez"H. People with Ayin Tova's don't ignore people who talk to them. (Why do so many people not return phone calls? Why do I email a friend with a question and he doesn't answer? He can even say I don't know. Why do people I know ignore me when they see me on the street? I'm not asking for a contribution - just a hello and a smile.) I'm working on it myself but right now I am light years away. I hope the Good Lord gives me the health to work on it.]