Thursday, August 15, 2019

BURRY!!!

The Gemara in numerous places cites the opinion that if there is a dispute between two parties, one is SURE and the other is not, the one who is sure wins and he can extract money [but not teeth] from the other party. ברי ושמא ברי עדיף. 

According to that opinion, why does one need סימנים to claim a lost object? The claimant should just say that he is sure that it is his while the finder doesn't know. ברי ושמא - ברי עדיף!!!

There used to be a brand of DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookies called "Burry's cookies". They were עדיף!! If I am a fat man today it is thanks to those cookies. 

#ilovebeingfat 

On that note - I once met a woman who had heard a lot about me. When she met me she was surprised. She told me that she thought based on the way my personality was described that I was short and fat.