Thursday, June 29, 2023

Priorities

 A new book is appearing:

"JEWISH PRIORITIES, a collection of 65 new essays from across the Jewish world--secular to Haredi, left and right, young influencers and veteran scholars, Israelis and Diaspora Jews. Each presents a single "priority" for our collective future."

I LOVEEEEE books. I once even read a few pages of one. 

Despite that, I DEFINITELY will not be buying or reading this volume. I saw who some of the contributors are... 

But I will say this: There can be one and only one priority for our future. Namely,  גילוי כבוד ה' בארץ - וידע כל פעול כי אתה פעלתו ויבין כל יצור כי אתה יצרתו ויאמר כל אשר נשמה באפו ה' א-להי ישראל מלך. 

What else can be a priority???

If a person has extra time one his hands then there are other GREAT things to read. Mishna, Gemara, Parsha, Mussar, Chasidus, Sippurei Gedolim and Tzadikim, Donald Trump's brilliant daily commentary on what is going on in his tumultuous life and other things. Using our time for such important learning will bring closer the day when ומלאה הארץ דעה את ה' כמים לים מכסים - The earth will be filled with knowledge of Hashem. 

I am suspicious of "young influencers". I am not aware of anyone who fits into that category who is anything of a Talmid Chochom. If one is not a Talmid Chochom then his opinions are not coming from the Torah. If his opinions are not coming from the Torah then those opinions are meaningless. How can one have a different opinion than G-d??  

WOW!! 

"How can one have a different opinion than G-d??!!" What a POWERFUL idea. My keyboard is a GENIUS!! [When I bought this computer I asked for something that is really really smart, articulate and funny. The computer guy is like "Everything you are not?" I am like - "Yeah".]   Would sorta put to rest many of the hot button topics of our times....