Monday, August 6, 2018

Thank You HASHEM For Dictionary.com!!

I recently said to my 7 year old daughter "Leeby, I LOVE hangin' out with you" [I REALLY do:-)]. Then it occurred to me that maybe she doesn't know what the term "hangin' out" means [they don't speak English slang in the first grade of the Beis Yaakov in Givat Zeev], So I asked her if she knows. She nodded and immediately said "spending time together".

I was thinking "WOW!!!!" We ALL have a mechanism in our brain whereby we define words in tiny fractions of a second and effortlessly. That is what enables us to read so quickly, speak so quickly and to understand what is being said by others. Imagine what life would be like if we had to pause after hearing every word to think of the definition and then after hearing a whole sentence had to pause again to put all of the words and definitions together in order to make the sentence comprehensible [as opposed to "reprehensible" which means something totally different:-)].

SO THANK YOU HASHEM FOR THE AMAZZZINNNGGGG DICTIONARY THAT YOU GAVE ALL OF US IN OUR BRAINS AND CONTINUE TO GIVE US EVEN THOUGH WE ALL TAKE IT FOR GRANTED!!! 

MUCH BETTER THAN A COMPUTER!!!