Friday, August 10, 2018

The First Step To Teshuva - Today - Important Hashtag My-mer

The first step is "אשמנו" - we are guilty. 

Period. No excuses, no defending yourself, no blaming others, no anything. Just a plain old admission of guilt. 

I am not perfect. I made, make and will in the future also make mistakes. I have a lot to fix. My personality needs polishing, my middos need improving, my davening is usually not up to par, my emunah is pretty weak, I waste a LOT of time, most of my thoughts revolve around my own needs, my ego, my desire for pleasure etc. etc. I overeat, I often say things I shouldn't or don't say things I should, I am at times derelict in my duties as a son, daughter or grandchild and the list goes ON AND ON.

AND IT'S OK!!! HASHEM STILL LOVES YOU:-). LOVE YOURSELF.

But fix yourself. Reinvigorate your marriage [if you are married]. Tell your spouse how much you appreciate and love them and that this year you want to find ways to be better. Ask them what they would like you to work on. Take stock of what you say think and how you act. Start coming earlier to davening. Spend less time with your phone. This is IT!!! The REST OF YOUR LIFE STARTS NOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!:-):-)

EXCITINGGGGGGG!!!

YOU CAN FIX EVERYTHING!!!

But it starts with an admission that, truth be told, you are far from perfect together with the belief that you can make yourself close to perfect.

ראה נתתי לפניכם היום ברכה וקללה  


#tshuvamustbebisimcha