Monday, May 27, 2019

Advertisements

I saw an ad. BIG WORDS!!!

אל תשליכני

"Don't cast me away". 

It is a pasuk. "אל תשליכני מלפניך"-  "Don't cast me away from before you, Hashem". 

Then the ad goes on at the bottom in smaller letters: Don't throw away your sheitel. Redo it. We will make your sheitel look like new, blah blah.  

I am in favor of Jewish women covering their hair, as the halacha requires. Women want to look good? That is their nature. All the power to them. I am NOT in favor of taking a pasuk that talks about our relationship with Hashem that is manipulated to be talking about redoing a sheitel. 

#chilulkodesh

-------------

Another one I saw: "BUY AN APARTMENT IN METRO JERUSALEM"

I can see these apartments for sale from my window. Not Jerusalem and not near Jerusalem. Different zip code. Different city council. They keep Purim on the 14th. Not within walking distance.

The only thing about it that is like Jerusalem is the high price.

#falseadvertising