Thursday, January 20, 2022

Taken Out Of Context

 Recently we discussed not praising the רשעים

I read a very praiseworthy piece on one site about the actor Jerome Silberman [aka Gene Wilder]. 

He was quoted as saying the following: "I have no other religion. I feel very Jewish and I feel very grateful to be Jewish."

Sounds nice. 

Here is the full quote:

“I’m going to tell you what my religion is, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Period. Terminato. Finito. I have no other religion. I feel very Jewish and I feel very grateful to be Jewish. But I don’t believe in God or anything to do with the Jewish religion.”

To use the rabbinic term after hearing such blasphemy: עפ"ל!!  

BARUCH HASHEM there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mannnnnyyyyyyyyyyy AMAZING PEOPLE to write about, one doesn't have to make a Tzadik out of one who was sadly far from it.