Friday, August 28, 2026

‘I’m Worried The Kids Are Addicted To Technology,’ Says Mother Who Updates WhatsApp Status 137 Times A Day

MONSEY, NY — Local mother Gitty Morgenstern, who sources confirmed updates her WhatsApp Status an average of 137 times each day, shared her deep concerns on a "Frum Women’s Wellness" group that the younger generation might be losing themselves to their devices.

"I check my children’s Statuses every ten minutes and reply to every single one of their photos, and I really think they might be addicted," Gitty posted to a group of 256 women. "What should I do? It’s a mother’s worst nightmare. Also, look at this beautiful vort I found about inner peace, superimposed over a picture of a sunset and some sourdough bread."

Technology addiction has become a top priority for many local parents, particularly for those who are chronically on "The Group" and have read dozens of forwarded articles about the dangers of the internet. Gitty, with her ample experience being "active" online from the moment she finishes Modeh Ani until she puts her phone on the charger at 1 AM, said she knows a nebach situation when she sees one.

"My oldest daughter actually posted three different pictures of her kids' Chanukah play this week," Gitty went on to say in one of 20 different voice notes she sent to her sisters' chat. "I think she might really have a problem. She’s losing the ability to just live in the moment. It’s so sad to see."

When one of the other women in the "Tehillim & Tips" group gently pointed out that Gitty had just posted a 40-part Status slide featuring every single course of the sheva brachos she attended last night, Gitty immediately blocked her and removed her from the Tehillim list.

At publishing time, Gitty Morgenstern shared a screenshot on her Status showing that she had a good, long, meaningful heart-to-heart with her children about the importance of disconnecting, which took place entirely within the "Morgenstern Mishpacha" WhatsApp group.