Monday, June 28, 2021

The Ramifications Of Accepting Wacky Conspiracy Theories

I spoke to a level headed, rational man the other day. He told me that he and his wife are NOT taking the vaccine b/c there is a CONSPIRACY going on!!!! 

What conspiracy????????? Nobody knows for sure!!!

What is his proof?? 

There is none!!! 

The facts: Before the vaccine, people were dying and getting sick. After people take the vaccine - they are no longer dying and getting sick. That is what we KNOW. But people instead prefer wacky far out theories with no solid proof. 

It troubles me greatly that I live in a world of otherwise intelligent, rational people, some [NOT ALL!!!] of whom believe in the equivalent of the tooth fairy [who I know doesn't really exist b/c for many years I have been serving in that capacity...] and other "fairy" tales, while rejecting solid science and facts. 

This then carries over into their world of religious beliefs and so many people believe in a god that is the figment of their imagination - based loosely on the Bible and a few random Ma'amarei Chazal.... 

My "favorite" are people who have Hashem alllllll figured out, 

This is a very broad topic which I hope to revisit in the future.