Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Different Perspectives

Everyone has their personal narrative on life. We walk around and whether we are aware or not, we are giving a running commentary on what we see in front of our eyes. Your personal experience in life is the story you tell yourself times the amount of times you tell yourself the story. I am always curious as to what other people's stories are. I know mine and am aware that others have a VERY DIFFERENT story. 

I recently heard a [very Jewish, but it would seem, not religious] high achieving graduate of a top medical school giving a speech. He spoke about the new laws limiting the right of a woman to abort her living, heart beating, hearing, feeling fetus that we can see with our own eyes using a very common machine. He called the laws "draconian" [!!!!] and said that they limit the right of a woman to have "life saving" surgery. 馃槼馃槼馃槼

WOWOWOWOW!! A law forbidding a woman to randomly crush to death a baby that [in some cases] could be born a healthy baby three minutes later has been transformed into a law that kills women b/c we deny them the right to receive life saving treatment.

I never went to medical school. Truth be told - I basically dropped out of any serious formal education at the beginning of tenth grade [with another short stint at the beginning of eleventh]. So it is quite probable that I am VERY limited in my intellectual abilities. [Had I only known after elementary school that this would be the last time I graduate, I would have celebrated more!!] So I can't WRAP MY HEAD AROUND THIS!!! It seems to me that the point of the laws are to protect an innocent living being who could one day be a doctor/nurse/psychologist/airplane pilot/ President of the US/a mother/father etc. etc., from being killed. It is really, it seems to this limited intellect, not intended to kill women. In India they kill women who committed the "sin" of being widowed [at least they used to....]. But in the good ol' "Land of the free and home of the brave" we don't do that stuff. Thank G-d!!   馃槂

But in the narrative of this genius doctor - it is all about harming women.

Mussar Haskel - A high IQ and "higher education" is no guarantee of any level of logic, wisdom or morality.