Sunday, October 4, 2026

Man Davens Wife's Fever Breaks Before It's Time To Make Dinner

LAKEWOOD, NJ — Local yungerman R' Yossi Weinberg davened Mincha with intense kavanna today in hopes that his wife’s fever would break before it was time to put together supper for the family.

“Ribono Shel Olam,” Weinberg was heard whispering quietly into his Siddur. “I hate that she’s not feeling well, but I, um, don't even know where the light switch for the kitchen is, and things are about to get bleak.”

Weinberg’s wife, Breindy, had been in bed all morning with a fever, aches, and chills. He had been diligent about checking on her, but he admitted he really had no game plan if 7:00 PM rolled around and he had to feed himself and their three young kids.

“She took Advil an hour ago… it should be kicking in any minute,” Weinberg said. “I know she’s feeling terrible, but supper is just a few hours away. Oh Baruch Hashem, she just got out of bed.”

Breindy told her husband she could probably muster the strength to pull a few frozen schnitzels or fish sticks out of the freezer and pop them into the oven for the kids.

“You literally just put them on parchment paper at 400 degrees,” Breindy said gently. “But it’s fine… I’ll do it.”

At publishing time, Yossi had insisted Breindy go back to bed after proudly serving the kids a gourmet meal of peanut butter and jelly on matzah with a side of sliced cucumbers, feeling like a true eishes chayil in his own right.